Thursday, March 17, 2011

I open google news and the media fills up my screen with faces of hardship and tragedy all over the world.  My heart goes out especially to all affected by Japan's earthquake/tsunami, the scientists and engineers cooling off the nuclear power plants and last but not least, those fighting for their rights and freedom in the Arab nations.  

I just want to share this tweet by Shabadaba-O, a japanese entertainer:

: 今日被災者に電話インタビューした。家を無くした40代の女性が言った。「私達は他人の幸せや喜びをねたむほど落ちぶれてはいない。皆さんどうぞ我慢せ ず楽しい時は笑い嬉しい時は喜んでください。私達も一日も早く皆さんに追いつきます」俺は涙をこらえ笑顔でエールを送った。

Translation: "Today, I phone interviewed an earthquake victim, a 40 year old woman who lost her home from the tsunami, and she said, 'We do not feel contempt for the people unaffected by the tragedy nor do we intent on bringing down others' happiness because we are the victims of tsunami.  Please don't hesitate to laugh or smile if something makes you happy.  We will catch up with everyone soon.' I fought back my tears and wished her best of luck"

YES. No more fears, scares and potassium iodide!!!
Live and laugh!!!

2 comments:

Stevie-Lyn said...

it's so amazing to read all the touching stories of strong japanese people! thanks for sharing/translating that tweet :)

paige said...

love this. :)

btw- for some reason, your blog is the only one that doesn't show entries on the reader. so i never know if you update or not. >.<