Thursday, March 03, 2011


so I did my career fair thing last week, which was a lot of fun, but exhausting! I talked for about 4 hours non stop and had at least 3-4 people crowding around my booth at any given time.  So I wish I could've taken a pic of my bustlin' business woman outfit but unfortunately I just didn't get a break!!
I was surprised that the majority of the questions I received had to do with school.  Like "What classes do I need to take to get a job from you guys?" or "I've got a 4.0 gpa and on honor's list, where can you guys place me?" *facepalm* my advice, if you need a job, get yourself a good attitude; if you want to learn some more, then stay in school! like... shouldn't education be about acquiring new knowledge for your own benefit?  A lot of kids I met at the fair seem to think of education as a fast lane to a position where people grow monumental respect for them just because he/she has a list of acronyms next to their names.  Instead, I really wished that they realize education only helps one build a basic platform to step into a career, whether it is networking or that SWOT analysis you learned in class.  Businesses are hiring for PEOPLE capable of executing anthropomorphic tasks, not robots.  So we look for people who we are willing to spend 40+ hrs a week with each other, take pride in where you work and provide or exceed service expectations that end users (usually humans) look for.  get back to the basics... people! [/#blogrant]

welp speaking of professionalism, last friday night when I attended a happy hour with my coworkers.   This was a special one for Joshua who took on a new position at our seattle branch, so he won't be working in downtown anymore = (  Joshua, My other coworker Jack and I were always the last ones standing at almost every HH I've been to and we've made some really good drunken conversations in the past.  He'll be greatly missed!  
 Carbomb murders.  

Well.. we bid farewell with a shittonofalcohol.  I think about 30+ people gathered for the occasion then trickled down to about 6 of us, after about 4 hours of nonstop drinking.  Needless to say, it got pretty messy. I think everyone vomited at the second bar we ended up at...for me, I just straight up turned into a walking vomit vending machine, except you didn't even have to pay me or press a button.  pretty gross.  I'm pretty sure I'm officially banned from drinking in my household.  whatever, I must take pride in my japanese businessman style drinking.

Then I battled a monstrous hangover which the enemy brought with them, the Abominable Sore Throat from hours of spewing stomach acid.  When I finally gained victory (and consciousness) over such hellish combat late Sunday afternoon, I experienced hunger like that of a malnourished whale.  So it was then that we decided its time we finally head out to the holy grail of burgers: Red Mill.
BGM: "Whose your daddy" - Benny Benassi
hMMMMMm.... It was soooo goood!!!!!  This was the place that went on man vs. food seattle.  I've been wanting to go there for so long!! ahhh...  


And then this week I pho'd with this really cool looking chica above.  her baRfday is coming up and I'm really exciteeed :D weeee~ xoxo





No comments: