Sasha's family was visiting from Portland. I tagged along with them to the Tacoma Art Museum and the Museum of Glass.
I was not able to take any photos inside the museums which was a bummer. but at the Museum of Glass, they had an exhibition of an "electronic" artist, Jim Campbell. I never heard about this artist before so when I read the introduction about him, I thought the exhibition was going to have bunch of robots or something, so I wasn't very thrilled.. but after I had gone around the exhibition, my mind was completely blown away. He has an education background in engineering and filmmaking, but his artworks were also powerfully psychological. I was intrigued by how effectively he demonstrated this fusion of art and science. Most of his works consisted of very unique forms of video imaging like one of a lady standing up and picking up a telephone but she's moving ULTRA slow so you can't really tell she's moving. There were also weird objects like analog clocks that times the speed of a person breathing or blinking. My favorite one was called, "The Last Day in Beginning of March," which an incredible installation piece.
So at the Tacoma Art Museum, we went to see the exhibition called "Frida Kahlo: Images of an Icon." It was interesting because I'm not a big fan of her art but I always wanted to know more about her as a person, and the exhibition mainly consisted of actual photographs of her and Diego Rivera and portraits done by other artists. She had fabulous hair...